Hillary sent some pictures last week so I added some new pictures to this blog.
check out some older post
Hello Everyone!!!
Holy cow, I have been in Maine for 4 weeks now, and on a mission for 7! That is so crazy to me! I feel like I haven't done anything yet, yet I have done 4 weeks worth of work. Before I left I was afraid I was going to have problems sleeping, but at the end of the day I am so tired, that I fall right a sleep. There have been a couple nights that I have woken up a lot during the night, but only a couple. But you can really feel it the next day. There is no time out here to catch up on sleep. But it's okay!
So I made up a little song/poem to describe my week to you all.... "A tracting we will go, a tracting we will go, all day loooonng, a tracting we will go! "We did a lot of tracking. Between Sunday April 25th and Tuesday April 27th we had 9 planned appointments.... 7 of them canceled or didn't show up. And that is about how the rest of our week went. Our pretty solid investigator Steven Hilton, that we found tracting one Sunday evening, dropped us on Monday. He talked to his sister who is Baptist, and decided that he thought he should try out her church, and wasn't ready for a commitment to our church. We were so sad, because he LOVED everything we taught him, and he really enjoyed church. Then we found a few other cute mom's and they dropped us too.... So we did a lot of tracting.
A funny thing that happened this week was on Wednesday morning. We went out to our car at 6:30 am to drive to the track, and our car had Macaroni and Cheese all over it.
check out some older post
Hello Everyone!!!
Holy cow, I have been in Maine for 4 weeks now, and on a mission for 7! That is so crazy to me! I feel like I haven't done anything yet, yet I have done 4 weeks worth of work. Before I left I was afraid I was going to have problems sleeping, but at the end of the day I am so tired, that I fall right a sleep. There have been a couple nights that I have woken up a lot during the night, but only a couple. But you can really feel it the next day. There is no time out here to catch up on sleep. But it's okay!
So I made up a little song/poem to describe my week to you all.... "A tracting we will go, a tracting we will go, all day loooonng, a tracting we will go! "We did a lot of tracking. Between Sunday April 25th and Tuesday April 27th we had 9 planned appointments.... 7 of them canceled or didn't show up. And that is about how the rest of our week went. Our pretty solid investigator Steven Hilton, that we found tracting one Sunday evening, dropped us on Monday. He talked to his sister who is Baptist, and decided that he thought he should try out her church, and wasn't ready for a commitment to our church. We were so sad, because he LOVED everything we taught him, and he really enjoyed church. Then we found a few other cute mom's and they dropped us too.... So we did a lot of tracting.
A funny thing that happened this week was on Wednesday morning. We went out to our car at 6:30 am to drive to the track, and our car had Macaroni and Cheese all over it.
(okay it was probably only half a box, but still). We had to clean it off, and by the time we got it all off we decided we would just stay inside to exercise.
Well a member happened to call us while all that was going on. She started freaking out, and blew it way out of proportion. she told us we needed to call the police and all this stuff. It was the morning of district meeting, so we were already having to cut everything shorter to be able to get there in time, and so with this it made it a frantic morning. She called us like 10 times telling us what we should do and everything. In the mean time we called the office Elder who is in charge of the cars and told him. A few minutes later we get a call from President Jensen laughing about it, and asking us what happened. He thought it was funny, but wanted to make sure everything was alright. Well one of the members in our ward has a shop on Main Street, so he washed our car for us, and we went to district meeting.
One thing I have noticed out here, is that it rains alot!!!! And so you could expect to see a TON of rainbows.... well there aren't any! I have not seen a single rainbow out here, but I have seen tons of rain. it is so weird to me. I didn't know it could rain with out having a rainbow after. haha!
(This picture was take by our friend Pam Zundel on May 15, 2010. This is was Hillary is used to seeing after a rain shower)
There are a ton of black flies and mosquitoes out.... The black flies bite and it hurts, then you are left with an itchy bump too.... so needless to say we are going to have to start wearing
a lot of bug spray all the time. Yesterday was the first pretty humid day! it was 87* most of the day. This morning it was already 67* and humid at 6:30 am. I don't really like humidity. It makes it hard to breath. I feel like a ton of bricks are pushing on my chest at all times..... but maybe I will get used to it and then I won't feel like that anymore. haha :)We have a Bible reading challenge right now. We have to read Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Acts. While reading we mark in blue the 5 doctrines of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and ETTE). It's really cool to read it and see all the miracles Christ did on Earth. It makes me love and appreciate Him so much more!!! I don't know how anyone could deny that He is the Son of God!!! Well I love you all, keep me and my area in your prayers!! Hope you are all doing well, and I would love to hear from you!!!love, Sister Rankin!! :)
Hillary we love you..... HAPPY DAY... We got your letter and we will be writing you back soon.
ReplyDeleteLove Shaili and Eric