Monday, January 10, 2011

1-10-11

Hello everyone-


This week we had some opposition to say the least. We met some of the rudest people that I have met so far in Plymouth... and it was all in less than a 24 hr. time frame. :(

So last Monday we went down to Tilton, NH for a district shopping day.... yeah, that was weird. Basically it was so the Elders could spend their Christmas money, and so I could exchange some stuff. But yes, it was weird...

So we have this really awesome family in the branch, The Flinders.... We had dinner with them last Monday, and it was really fun. They have two little boys that are so funny! We have a lot of fun when ever we go and visit them.

Yesterday at church the talks were about member missionary work. They were wonderful. I hope it gets the spark under the people in the branch.

On Wednesday we had dinner with the family (who are members) of one of our investigators (Jim). (he had to work). It was great, because we were able to build up a lot of trust with the family. Also we found out that Jim has been reading the scriptures and praying on his own!!! That is so exciting. He has been being taught for 4 months or so, and he is just now starting to do that! WE are going to the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial with him and his family on Saturday! I'm excited for that.

We met some really nice people while tracting this week... followed by some really mean people. It makes you so sad when you meet people who are so rude to you. The only thing they know about the church is Anti- stuff, and they won't even let you talk. I don't feel bad for us, but for them. If only they knew the truth, it would make them so much happier!!!

Hopefully Jonathan will be able to come to church this next Sunday! We have had some great lessons with him, and he finally got the Book of Mormon on tape, so now he can listen to it! :)

Oh my goodness.... Yesterday at church (during RS) I was asked by the deaf lady in the branch to interpret for her. The only person who does it was teaching the lesson so she couldn't. I was like WHAT.... I don't know sign language. Then she told me to just mouth everything that is said. Well, I'm not good at mouthing things well... and the whole listening and talking thing at the same time, doesn't work for me. After about 5 min, and the lady not understanding a word I was saying, someone finally stepped in for me. So embarrassing, and challenging. It made me grateful for my ability to hear, see, and talk.

Well transfers are in 2 weeks.............

Sorry this is kind of a really lame letter. hopefully next week will be better.... (And we are at weird computers, and we have to stand, so my hands are killing me from the weird angle we have to type at. haha)

Love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment