Hello everyone--
So I am still in Bedford. My new companion is Sister Walter from Santa Clara, UT (right by St. George). She is also a nursing student. She finished one year at BYU before coming out. She came from Plymouth, where she had spent her first 3 transfers. So I am only her second companion. She is a great teacher, and will definitely teach me a ton!
We had a pretty AWESOME week!!! So last Monday S. Page and I went and taught Kelly. She surprised us with dinner! It was so kind. We had a really good lesson with her, and then they got to say their goodbyes to S. Page. (S. Page is now in Wolfboro, NH... which is neighbors to the Plymouth area.)
Tuesday was transfer meeting. After it was over, S. Walter and I went back to our apartment, and planned our lesson for that night. We did some tracting, then headed to the Wilkey's for a lesson. We taught some former investigators, who are now investigators again. Rob, Sarah, and Becca. It's a dad and his daughter Becca, then his fiance Sarah. They had dropped S. Page and I went we first got to Bedford. But we had a AMAZING lesson with them. It went so well!!! President text us the next morning and told us we "NAILED that lesson." Then on Thursday at district meeting he told our whole district that if they were making a District 3 (a video to help teach missionaries), that our lesson would have been one of the featured lessons in that video. Which is a HUGE compliment. I have heard him talk about other lessons that he has been at with missionaries, and NEVER has he made comments like that! That was SUPER exciting!
Wednesday we had a good lesson with one of our newer investigators, Joanne. In the past she would talk a lot, and we wouldn't get to teach much. Well this time we taught her the restoration, and she was tuned in... it was really neat. When we recited the first vision, she went silent and was really listening. It was so cool! Also on Wednesday there were tornado warnings in our area. Some tornadoes hit in Mass... but we were fine. it didn't even rain very much.
Saturday we had a miracle. On Friday I called this guy that S. Page and I had met the week before General Conference, and who we had been playing phone tag with since then. We set up a lesson with him for Saturday night. We got a member, and went to the lesson. When we first got there, he said (Oh, his name is Bryan Brown, 24 yrs old.), "So tell me about your church!" So we were teaching him, then during the lesson he told us that he wanted to come to church. When we were telling him about it, and explaining that it is 3 hours, he said, "I think that it's cool that it's 3 hrs. I like that!" We were freaking out inside... no one ever says that. And guess what... on Sunday he came to church!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!! While he was there, he told some members that they would probably see him next week too!!! Yay! On Saturday we also got a referral from the Elders for a girl named Renee who is 20, and a nursing student. We are teaching her tonight at the Wilkey's house! So excited!!!!!
These last 2 weeks have been super awesome!! I'm really excited!!! After 4 months of hard work, and not teaching very much, we had lot's of exciting things happening here in Bedford..... Oh, another exciting thing is, we moved from our dungeon basement, but to a super nice and big apartment. It took, almost all day Saturday to move, but we are up there and excited to have a clean, mold free apartment to live in!!!
Love ya all!
No comments:
Post a Comment