Monday, July 25, 2011

pioneer Day week

Hello Everyone--
To start off, this week had some WICKED hot temps!!!!! We didn't have our car on Wed afternoon- Thursday afternoon.... It was so hot! It was in the high 90's with HIGH humidity.... Friday it was 104*!!!! I took some picture of the temp. thing, but i forgot my camera cord in the car..... yeah. On Thursday it was hotter here that it was in St. George, UT... (someone looked it up for us)! CRAZY!!!!!!!

Monday we had a good lesson with Jackie. She loved church, and is super excited about everything. We are just trying to help her gain a firm testimony now.... But she is coming a long great!!!

Wednesday we contacted the Mormon.org referrals. It was a 17 year old girl and her dad. They found the web site randomly, and clicked the thing that said get a free book of Mormon. The daughter seems really interested, but just wanted to read the book first. Her dad we think was just doing it for her. He was asking us so many hard/weird questions. He definitely dominated the conversation.

Thursday we had district meeting, and then at the office complex for the mission office they had a big lunch party thing for all the people who worked there. So us missionaries in the area got to go. They had way good food, and then a photo booth. That was fun! But it was SUPER hot outside. Thursday night we went to the RS activity. They had a pool party. We just went and had dinner, and talked to the few people who weren't swimming.

Friday was the 100+* day. We taught Kelly that night............ she had a baptism date of..............AUGUST 20TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are hoping and praying that she will be able to make that date!! She said when she was praying about it, the date couldn't have been more clear to her. So that was exciting. She is doing soooooo well!!!


Saturday we went to the Joseph Smith Birthplace memorial again. We went with Rob, Sarah, and Becca. First off, Sarah is in 3rd Nephi!!!! Her and Becca had been listening the the first part of the Book of Mormon... after each chapter they would stop and talk about it, so Becca could understand it. They would also, apply it to their life!!! So cool! Sarah really enjoyed the JSM, we didn't get to talk to Rob and Becca much after, they went and jumped in the air conditioned car... (the ac in the main building wasn't working that day. :S)

I can't believe I only have 4 weeks left.... It's weird.... But with that said, I might not write everyone back, like I used too... We are trying to get some fun things in on P-days, and/or naps.... so I will probably just talk to you when I get home... but I might still write back sometimes... but if I don't write you back, it's not because I don't love you! :)
Hope everyone is doing well!!!
love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment