Monday, August 15, 2011

Final-- week 5.....


Hello everyone-
This week we had some beautiful weather.

Monday we had a great lesson with Kelly and Lauren. We finished teaching the plan of salvation. What a wonderful plan that is. Heavenly Father really does love and care about us. Laurens drawing for the 3 kingdoms was even better than she knows. It was sweet!!! I'm gonna miss that girl! :)

 
Tuesday we had zone conference... another 4:30am wake up call. It was good... It was weird too... my last zone conference. It's always fun to be around other missionaries, and fun to see those whom I came out with... and see their progression! :)

Wednesday we taught a lot of lessons. We taught Teressa that I talked about last week... She did a lot of studying and stuff before our lesson, so we were able to answer a lot of her great questions. I learned one thing during her lesson... How important it is to have/use a Bible that is translated correctly. So much stuff is lost in the new translations. A lot of the confused she had, was because the Bible she was reading had changed everything that the verses were supposed to say. I'm grateful for modern day prophets and the restoration, in bringing back truths that had been lost during the apostasy!

Us with Ines, her mom and Sister
We were also able to teach Ines, Kelly, and Ella that day! It was a teaching filled day! Those days are FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! :)Thursday was a really SLOW day. We tracted most of the day... with no one interested in even talking to us, let alone listening to the wonderful message of the Restoration. But Scrabble was fun, and we also learned a new game called "Bananagrams". It's similar to scrabble, but you don't have a board, and you work on words individually, not as a group. It fun!

Friday we had some rough times... we are so blessed to be serving where we are though, we were able to go over to the Wilkey's and talk to Sister Wilkey for a while.. and she helped boost our spirits. We were also able to go out to dinner with a funny old lady in our ward. She wanted to take me out to Pizza before I left. So we went to dinner with her. We laughed a lot! :)

Saturday Heavenly Father blessed us a lot in our finding. We were able to ask a lot of inspired questions, and use some other contact tools that we have been taught. We were able to have a lot of really great contacts, and we even found a really solid potential named Dawn....! I will have to tell you all that story later, because e-mail time is about out. We also had a GREAT lesson with Jackie! She is so excited and doing so well!!!

Sunday the Roundtrees came to church!!!!!! I was SO excited. I have been working with Sis. Roundtree for 6 months. She FINALLY came to church. It was her kids first time at church too. We heard her talking to a member, and she said, "It feels so good to be back at church!!!" YAY!!!
love you all!


love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment