Well I have been gone for 4 months (as of last Saturday).... it has gone by way fast, but then at the same time slow.... Days and weeks all run into one out here, but as the day is going, it seems to never end. haha.
Mom will you ask Lori to ask the people in her ward with the last name Farrer if they know Rex Farrer??? He is my bishop out here, and said his whole family lives in Provo/Orem area, and some in Lindon. So they are probably related. It's been another hot and humid week. One day this week, we spent the day down by the ocean. It was a cooler day (80*) and when we got home at 9pm our apartment was at least 90* (that's as high as our thermostat goes, and it was all the way up there.) It's sad when the hottest you get all day is when you are inside your apartment. haha.
On Wednesday night we got a message from our zone leaders it was a song they made up about using/ finding creative ideas instead of just tracting. It is so awesome... Sister Brovont and I have been singing it all week.... and it inspired us to make up some of our own songs. (It helps the hours and hours of tracting go by faster. haha) The first one was,
"I just can't wait to baptize" to the tune of I just can't wait to be king..... but we could only remember the chorus, so that's all our song is. it goes,
"I just can't wait to baptize....
No one says "I'm all set."
no one says, "I'm Catholic.
no one says I'm christian,
no one says I'm atheist.
We are gonna find those who're prepared.........
oh i just can't wait to baptize!!"
The other one is to the kung foo fighting song. it goes..... She was fast as lightening. (karate sound)
Opening doors for tracting. (karate sound)
We're gonna find new investigators, (karate sound)
and teach more lessons..... wo, wo, wooooo
listen to the spirit (3x's)
And follow his promptings, to creative find!
We are trying to come up with some other ones, but we haven't written any of them down yet. haha.
On Wednesday we also had this little boy follow us around for 2 HOURS while we were tracting. He told us to go to a few houses, and we just tracted all the house to get to them. He would even run up and knock on the door or ring the bell before we got there. At first it was funny and cute, then it started getting annoying. especially when a lady asked us who the kid was. we were like, "We don't know, he is just following us around." but it's always funny when you have little kids going tracting with you. they are really funny sometimes.
So my brown shoes are DEAD. they are completely falling apart, and there is a hole in the bottom of one of them. I have never experienced that before. So today we get to go shoe shopping. they weren't doing to well, but after our massive rain storm (that came out of no where and soaked us in 2 min.) on Friday, they are even worse. I will take a picture of them, before i throw them away. Oh, and we think I might have a fractured foot......
When I fell down the stairs 5 1/2 weeks ago, my foot started hurting. It has hurt pretty much everyday since then. but I just thought it would get better. I tried wrapping it while I ran last weekend.... BAD IDEA. It made my foot hurt even worse. But I was able to pin point where the pain is coming from. when I checked the red medical book, I was looking under foot injuries. there was a picture and right where my foot hurt it was highlighted in blue. I looked to see what the blue means, and it said that if that part of your foot is hurting, you probably have a fracture.... :S So tomorrow I am going to talk to the mission presidents wife and see what she thinks I should do.... :S hahaha I didn't want to go to the doctor, so I didn't say anything earlier. haha. Well I am almost out of time.
Love you all!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment