Hello everyone!!!!
THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!
First I will get the little stuff out of the way. So I called the mission Dr. on Wednesday. he said my 5th metatarsal on my right foot is most likely cracked. he said to wrap it, take 800mg of ibuprofen 3x a day, and wear my supportive shoes.... well when i wrap it, it makes it hurt so bad that I can hardly stand to walk. so I haven't been wrapping it.... when it's not wrapped, I can go most of the day with out it hurting too bad. Just little aches through out the day.
Also, I am in the Exeter zone, and we are having a football game through out the zone. it's called "The X-bowl". We are the Sanford Nylon Haters.. haha. Well we have played 2 games so far. We have won both of them. We get points or yards for different things we do. The first game, we beat the Zone Leaders 38-21!!! WAHOO!!! The second game we beat our District Leader 28-0!!! :) We are 3rd in our zone so far with total points. (we have 9 areas in our zone, and then the AP's are playing) The only people ahead of us are the AP's and one other area. It's way fun, and keeps us pumped through out the day! My competitiveness is totally coming out!!!! It's fun!
So the week started off amazing on Tuesday morning when we had interviews with President Wilkey!!! I love the Wilkeys. They are SO amazing!! (Sister Wilkey shinned my shoes for me while Sister Brovont was being interviewed. haha) Pres. Wilkey told me some things that really helped me with not being so hard on myself. It was a VERY spiritual and much needed interview. It has helped me enjoy the work so much more!!! He is so awesome. And after the interview, our week snow balled into greatness. Tuesday after interviews we were tracting this street. We knocked on a door that was part way open. I saw a lady inside, and said "Hi". she told us to come in. We came in and introduced ourselves to her. Then we started talking. She didn't live there. She was actually supposed to be with her friend somewhere else, but she decided not to go last min. and was just hanging out at her friends till her friend got back. We shared the plan of salvation with her, and Sister Brovont sang a hymn. The spirit was SO strong. Sadly Wendy (the lady) doesn't live in our area. But we got her info and sent it to the Elders where she lives. WE know that the Lord placed us in each other paths that day! The spirit was so strong, and I really know that if she continues to learn, she will get the peace and happiness she has been looking for!!!!!
Wednesday night we had our Faith planning class at the church. Richard and then 2 less active (in active) men in our ward were there. We taught about the Atonement. It was SO amazing. One of the less active men was telling us how he started smoking again, because he was going through a rough time, and that's why he stopped coming to church. Richard jumps in and says, "Man, when you are having a hard time, or want to smoke, just go grab your scripture and read a few chapters. When you do it, it makes everything so much better!!!" AH!!! HOW AWESOME IT THAT!!!! Richard has such a strong testimony, and such a love for the scripture. It is amazing to see how much he is changing in such a short amount of time!!! After the class was over we were talking to the ward mission leader. We had found a new investigator that we were supposed to teach later in the week. We were asking him if he knew of a member that would be good to take teaching with us. Richard jumps in again and says, "I will go teaching with you. I will straighten this kid out!" He is such a good person. He also was saying how everyone needs to go out and talk to everyone and invite them to church!!! :)We had a few other miracles happen this week too. On Friday night we were tracting. I felt sick, and my foot was KILLING me, I could hardly walk on it. I didn't really want to walk very much, and we came to a point where we had 2 roads to pick from to tract. I picked the shorter road. We started walking to it. It was a little court road, so we had two houses we could have picked from. Sister Brovont was like, That one has a light on, so let's go there. Well we knocked on the door, and it was to a lady named Marsha. Her sister had joined the church years ago, later served a mission in Japan, and then was married in the temple. Marsha and her husband had taken the lessons years and years ago, but never joined the church. She said she LOVE the primary songs though. She told us that just that morning she had been singing, "I hope they call me on a mission".... and then we knocked on her door that night. She didn't want to learn more, yet... but she said she would pray to know what she should do, and then give us a call! :) Also, as we were standing on her porch she told us that the people across the street (the other house we would have picked) was a house full of anti-Mormons. And we noticed that all the houses actually had lights on. We didn't even know, but the Lord was prompting us to go to her house. Once again, He was putting us in the path of those who needed us to come to them at that time!!!This week we found a few other people who where totally prepared... they took a book of Mormon, but weren't ready to meet with us just yet. One was a cousin to a member of our bishopric..... So things will totally get moving there. That was also a miracle find. We weren't planning on tracting that street. but by the time we found a place to park, we only had 20 min. left to tract before our next appointment, so we knocked on the door we parked in front of. The Lord really was directing us this week!!!!!! His hand is so strong in this work. President Wilkey said that he could feel that something big and great was about to happen in Sanford..... and boy, did we notice that this week. We found 4 new investigator, (twice as many as any other week) we found a large amount of others who will be ready soon. I am really coming to love this work. The Lord is watching out for us, and is directing us, even when we don't know it! I love the scripture, and love my Savior!!!!
Love,
Sister Rankin!
No comments:
Post a Comment