Hello Everyone-
Well I am now in Plymouth, New Hampshire. We have a HUGE area.... and it is a branch. I have no Idea what cities my area covers, because it is so huge, and there are tons of cities. the northern most is Lincoln, the southern ones are Bristol (i think). It is SO beautiful here. We are in the White mountains. I had forgotten what mountains look like.... so I am totally loving everything. Fall is right around the corner. The leaves are changing, and it is so pretty.
I am serving with Sister Hill. She is from the Boise area in Idaho. It is her last transfer.... so in 5 more weeks I will have a new companion. Ever since my first transfer, I have wanted to serve with Sister Hill. She was my trainers MTC companion. Sister Nelson always said she thought we should serve together. She is so great, I love her already! We are very similar, so it is fun.
The apartment is SUPER tiny. The one is Sanford was twice the size almost. So it is weird trying to get "settled" in, when there isn't much room to put anything..... And I have a TON of stuff... packing was terrible. I don't want to do it again.... haha. We think I will be here till The middle ish of Jan.
I did miss Sis. Patten's baptism, but Sister Brovont was supposed to take pictures, and then send them to you mom, to send to me. :)
The branch here is so amazing. Until 2 transfers ago, it had been 6-10 years since Sisters had been here. The branch treats us so well..... They are so willing and helpful. It's great.
So my first full day here we went to stop by a semi-less active lady. When we got there she let us right in. Her grandson was there. We shared a scripture about the doctrine of Christ (baptism mostly). Sister Hill asked Eli (the grandson) what he knew about the Book of Mormon. He said, "Not much." then She invited him to learn, he said he wants too, so she invited him to be baptized. He said he had been thinking about it a lot lately... but there is one problem. He can't start learning till he is 18. We were so sad. But then he told us that he turns 18 on the 30th of September!!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!! So we set up a time to teach him on Oct. 1st. It was such a miracle. We went to do a referral lesson with a less active, and ended up with a new investigator, that has been thinking about the church and baptism for a long time! When we got back in the car, we both were freaking out... so excited.
We have so really good investigators. Bro. and Sis. Marsh and Nancy Kirk are the 3 I have met. I haven't met the others yet.
I love it here so much already. I was SO sad to be leaving Sanford, but I really am so happy here. I'm so happy to be serving with Sister Hill, and I have already grown so much in these last few days. Sister Hill is REALLY in tune with the spirit, so I think that is rubbing off on my a little bit. :) It feels good.
Oh, I already have a nick name from one of the Part member families. We had dinner with them last night. Sister Hill told me that they make up nick names for all the missionaries, and I would probably be getting one in the next few weeks.... well we were there for not even 10 min. before I got mine. It is "smiles" :) I'll take that one. It's funny, because that is what Bro. Crispin called me too. The gospel makes you happy, so I do smile a lot!!! :)
Well I'm excited for all the new adventures here. I have been told there are a lot of moose, bears, wolf, mountain lions, and everything else around here. We aren't allowed to put our garbage outside over night, because the bears come.... and our garbage cans outside are all torn up from bears. :S yeah, that is scary. Sister Hill said that they have seen a moose and a bear while out tracting. (and she has only been here for 2 transfers). So pray that I won't become "prey". hahaha (wow, what a lame joke. :P)
So Sister Hill had some sickness last transfer, so every day we have to come in at 8pm, and we get a nap time after lunch. It's nice... but it will be weird in 5 weeks to have to change it,and fill in that extra 2 hrs.
WE got to see the last hour of women's conference. The satellite wasn't working at the church, so we had to rush over to a members house. we missed Sis. Becks talk.
Well that is all for this week. Love you all!
Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment