hello everyone-
So this week was interesting. We dropped an investigator (well our member ended up doing it for us.... on accident. but it was good). we had crazy conference situations, it was rainy, and we did a clothing swap... hahaha
So to start with the good stuff.... Bro. Marsh (one of our investigators) is on fire!! He is so solid. He has such an excitement for learning. He called us on Friday and said he was thinking about Oct. 31st as a baptism date... but then he said, "But it might happen sooner." :) He is being really supportive, and trying to get the fire going in his wife again.
Wednesday we had a zone meeting. And guess what.... there is another companionship of sisters in this zone!!! So we got to see some sister. that was fun. The Elders did a tie swap before, so we brought some stuff that Sister Hill didn't want anymore, and that her last comp left to give to the other sisters. Some of the things were really funny looking. It was so much fun! It was also really fun to be able to see sisters, and actually get to talk them. :)
I got a letter from Loral Patten this week. That made me day! :)
Everyone here eats really spicy food. They make us food, and tell me they added no spice, and that it won't be spicy at all..... and then it burns my mouth. Mom, look what you did to me. haha just kidding. But they always tease me about my wimpy mouth. And that they are going to sneak the spiciest thing into my food just to see how I will react. It's funny. (we eat with the members on Sunday, and then they have investigators over for dinner and a lesson with us once or twice a week.... so I have had 4 spicy meals!!! :S )
The trying to watch conference was crazy!!!! So we get to the church Saturday morning. The satellite didn't work. So no conference. We called like half the ward trying to find someone who had it on TV that we could go watch it with. So we missed the first 35 min. of Saturday morning conference. Then on Sunday in between sessions we went tracting for a little bit. At 3:40 we knocked on a ladies door... She let us in and we answered TONS of her questions. When we were leaving it was 4:45 almost..... we were like oh no, we missed the first 45 min. of the afternoon session.... Well we went to the members house to watch it, and they have tivo. So they paused it and were waiting for us to come back so we could watch it. So luckily we were able to see the whole session. It was really good!!! I love conference. And I only feel asleep for a few minutes during the Saturday afternoon session. :) hahaha..... It's really hard to be a missionary and sit in one place for that long at one time. We are used to always being on the go.
Sister Hill and I both got kind of ADD during the Saturday afternoon session. haha.
Well it is beautiful here. We haven't had much finding time. We have been teaching, and doing member stop by's to get to know the ward, teaching less actives, and part member families.
I love serving with Sister Hill. I am learning so much. We have a lot of fun together.
Sorry this is a random/short e-mail. But that was our week. I hope everyone is doing well, and I love you!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment