Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello


Hello Everyone--


So this week was interesting. We had some taste of spring, and then two massive snow storms.

Monday we had dinner with a family in the ward. It was fun to get to know some more members better. Tuesday we tracted a lot, and then at night went and met a less active lady. It was really cool. The Sunday before was her first time coming to the Bedford ward. She has lived her a couple years. She travels a lot for work, and goes to church when she travels, but not here. Sister Page, being the wonderful missionary she is, asked if we should go sit by that lady. I was hesitant, because we were already sitting, and what not. Well we got up and went and sat by her. She was so excited. We asked if we could go see her during the week, to get to meet her. She said yes. Well when we went and met her, we heard her whole story. She had kind of made a deal with Heavenly Father. She said that is she went to church, and no one came and talked to her, and she didn't feel the family feel, then she wasn't going back to church until she moves back to CO..... (She had gone to a different ward in the stake out here 4 times, and not a single person talked to her. she would try to talk to people, but they kind of shunned her.) And we came and sat by/talked to her. She was telling us all sorts of other things that were totally cool!!!!! Then the thought we went to share with her, was in her favorite book in the scriptures. It was neat to be able to be part of someones "answer" to their prayers. And the fact that she noticed it, and was SO grateful, was really cool too!!!

Wednesday was a crazy day. We had to take our car into the shop. It took an hour and a half, we weren't in our area, and so we walked across the street to walmart. (That and the mall were they only things in site.... and there was no place to walk to try to street contact or anything). After trying to kill as much time as possible there, we went back and waited for our car. Then we had dinner with another family in the ward that we had never met. That was fun!!!

Thursday I almost won in scrabble for service. I was a head the whole game, until the last round. Then the lady who always wins went ahead by 2 pts. Bummer.... but then I had some extra letters left over, so I had to minus another 6 pts. But I was so excited that I almost won a word spelling game..... WHAT!! I can't spell, and I have the smallest vocabulary ever. So I was pretty excited about that.

Friday a huge snow, rain, sleet, cold storm came in. Our cars weren't grounded, but we were given a 3-5 mile max. radius...... Well we live 2 miles away from our area. So we drove 3 1/2 miles away, parked our car then walked.... Oh boy, if only you could have seen us..... Surprisingly, that was the happiest day for us the whole week. We had a lot of fun. I had to like scale a mountain of snow to get to a door, we kept getting splashed by slush as the cars drove by... so we made a game out of it. Every time we got splashed we had to sing a hymn.... we had to sing a few songs.

Saturday I was sick all day. I slept and stayed in bed. :S NOT FUN!!! You would think a "day off" as a missionary sounds fun, but it's not. It is super boring. You are used to always doing something, or calling someone or studying... but when you just lay in bed all day, it is SO boring!!!! But it was nice, the elders in my district (all 4 of them) came over and gave me a blessing. That's one nice thing about living so close to other missionaries... they can do things like that. haha.

Sunday was another big snow day. Church was cancelled after Sacrament meeting. So once again, we trudged through lots and lots of snow to get to peoples doors.... I always thought I was going to hate tracting in the snow. I didn't like tracting in the rain, but I actually really like the bad weather snowy days. I get to laugh a lot. It's weird... but I am always happier on those days. Maybe it's because I'm laughing at how ridiculous we much look walking through the deep snow going to peoples doors... I don't know!

Well I can't believe my year mark is approaching so fast!!! Crazy. 2 1/2 weeks away! :S

Well we still have no investigators, but we had a few less actives that we can teach, that want to come back to church, so that is exciting.

hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment