Saturday, March 6, 2010

Days 16-11 before I leave....

So this week was full of lots of different random things.

Tuesday: I had work... Then that night two ladies in my ward took me to dinner. We went to Chili's. It was fun, we laughed a lot, and had a lot of random conversations.

Wednesday: After work I had to return some shirts that I didn't actually want anymore, and then I went shopping for some more stuff. I was pretty excited, I got 7 items and it cost less than $90. Thank you sales!

Thursday: In the morning my mom, me, my aunt Carolyn, cousin Kyan went over to my aunt Lori's house for breakfast. It was my aunt Carolyn's birthday. It was fun. Then it was off to work. Right after work I rushed home and my mom, little sister, and I went and saw New Moon in the dollar theater. None of us had ever seen it before, and it was something I wanted to see, but wasn't going to spend more than $2 to see. (I read all the books, not because I liked them, but because I wanted to know what happened. The author is really good at drawing you in, even if you don't really like it. And I HATED the first movie)

Friday: I had to wake up bright and early to get ready to go to my friend Jessica and Adams wedding at the Salt Lake temple. Well it had snowed a ton over night. (I HATE SNOW) I hurried and got ready, because I didn't know how the road condition was going to be, and then with morning rush hour. Shortly after I left I had my first slide off. I was about to start going down the hill on Canyon Road (near the mouth of AF Canyon), and I tapped my breaks. Next thing I know my car has done almost a 90* turn to the left, so I turned my wheel the way you're supposed to. Well that made me do almost a 180 turn to the right. So I turned my wheel again, trying to gain control.... well that was defiantly not what happened.  Next thing I know, I have done about a 270 turn and slid off the side of the road. I was facing the opposite way than I was supposed to be facing, and completely off the road. It took probably 3-5 min. to get back onto the road. Oh boy was I scared the rest of my way up to Salt Lake.
When I finally got to the temple, my friend Shelley and I waited for the ceremony to start. After it was over we waited for them to come out, took a few pictures, and then went home. 
That night was their reception. It was so pretty. It was in a church, but you could barley even tell. Jessica's mom owns a flower shop, so she had tons of really pretty floral arrangements. It looked really pretty. (but I didn't take any pictures of them, I wish I had....)

 
 

 (ps, when I get home all my friends I hang out with will be married...)

Saturday (today): I am going to lunch with my mom, little sister, my neighbor, and her daughter. Then tonight a family in my ward is hosting a dinner for all the parents of missionaries from my ward... My parents and I got invited, since I am almost a missionary.

Well that was my busy weeks. Next weeks is going to be just about as busy.

I leave in 11 days! So crazy, I can't believe it is almost here. I have almost everything I need, but there are still some things I need to get. It's getting SO close!

No comments:

Post a Comment