Saturday, March 20, 2010

First letter from the MTC

SURPRISE we got an email today from the MTC. I wasn't expecting one till next week
Hillary says--
My companions are Sister Hatch, going to my same mission. she is from Bountiful, Utah. then my other comp is Sis. Kinikini. She is going to Austraila, and is from West Valley. Then we have one other roommate, sister DeArton, going to Hawaii. There are 9 people in my district, 6 Elders, and us 3 Sisters. I love my district already, it is so awesome!
We have gym 5 days a week.
The food SUCKS here. I don't know what everyone was talking about. I have only had 2 meals where i liked my food. I eat lots of pineapple and juice. I saw Hermana Stolk my first day. She wasn't allowed to speak any english, but I was able to mostly understand everything she said. Then I saw her again today, and we were able to talk a little. It was good to see someone I know!

My companions gave me the nick name "tickle me Elmo", because I laugh so much! They are so funny, so it's hard not to laugh! We are having a blast

Oh mom, Sister Hatch is from San Jose, CA. her mom grew up there too. Did you know a Julia Stitt????? her family is also really good friends with the Hunters, the temple president one. SMALL WORLD!!!

So I love my district already, and I Love my companions. They are so awesome!!!! We get along so well, and it is like we have known each other for years. My teacher's great. Bro. Warner is my favorite one. He is so good at teaching us. I already know the first two lessons. We had to teach them in 3 then 2 then 1 mins. It was awsome.
The spirit is so strong here. Stronger than any other place I have been. It's awesome to be around so many people who love this gospel and want to share it!

Funny story, my fist day here we were walking around and the thought came to me, "Oh look, there are some missionaries!....... oh wait, i AM a missionary!" kind of a blond moment.

There are so many things that through out the day I am like, I wanna text mom and tell her, but I can't. and now I can't think of any of them. I even made a list of what I was going to write you today.

My p-days will be on Friday here at the MTC!
USE dearelder.com !!!! I GET THEM EVERY DAY IF YOU DO!

I'm doing great, so don't worry about me! My companions and district make me feel at home..... kinda.

Well I know this church is true, and love this gospel. I love being a missionary.
The Savior loves us all so much, and he knows us by name. He is always there for us.
Joseph Smith is and was a true prophet of God.
The Book of mormon is true, and is there to help lead and guide us. I love you all!

Please write!!!!
Well that is all I have for now!
Love, Sister Rankin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment