Hillary's missionary's mailing address while at the MTC is:
Hillary Kay Rankin
MTC Mailbox # 209NH-MAN 0405
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
Hello Everyone!
I survived my first week at the MTC!!! It was good. Sunday was the hardest day, because it didn't feel like a Sunday. It was just like the rest of the days, but we had the sacrament.... But I still love it here, and wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. Every day I find more and more reasons of why I am where and am, and why I am with the people I am with.
Mom, the story about Cameron and Ashley's face wash, made me laugh out loud in the middle of class. What a goof ball. I miss him and his silly ways. But some of the Elders in my district remind me of him, so it is all good!
We had our first Teaching Appointment (TA) on Wednesday. We go and teach an investigator. It is as close to a real lesson as we can get in the MTC. It went really well... Great experience for the first one. It could have gone much better, but considering, it was awesome! It is kind of hard to teach in a 3 some, especially since I am the least talkative of the bunch, but we make it work.
Funny story of the week. Sister Kinikini was in a reading class, and we all went to a lesson taught by a different district in our zone. it was on companion unity. When we were telling her what it was about she thought we said companion nudity, and kind of freaked out a little. We all had a huge laugh, and then told her what we really said. It is fun to laugh about still.
Hillary Kay Rankin
MTC Mailbox # 209NH-MAN 0405
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
Hello Everyone!
I survived my first week at the MTC!!! It was good. Sunday was the hardest day, because it didn't feel like a Sunday. It was just like the rest of the days, but we had the sacrament.... But I still love it here, and wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. Every day I find more and more reasons of why I am where and am, and why I am with the people I am with.
Mom, the story about Cameron and Ashley's face wash, made me laugh out loud in the middle of class. What a goof ball. I miss him and his silly ways. But some of the Elders in my district remind me of him, so it is all good!
We had our first Teaching Appointment (TA) on Wednesday. We go and teach an investigator. It is as close to a real lesson as we can get in the MTC. It went really well... Great experience for the first one. It could have gone much better, but considering, it was awesome! It is kind of hard to teach in a 3 some, especially since I am the least talkative of the bunch, but we make it work.
Funny story of the week. Sister Kinikini was in a reading class, and we all went to a lesson taught by a different district in our zone. it was on companion unity. When we were telling her what it was about she thought we said companion nudity, and kind of freaked out a little. We all had a huge laugh, and then told her what we really said. It is fun to laugh about still.
We got 3 new roommates on Wednesday. One of them is a sister I went to high school with, Sister Amber De Groot (I think that is how you spell her last name.). So that is fun.

We sang in the MTC choir on Sunday. It was such a great experience. I loved it!!!!! We sang "Be Still My Soul". It was awesome. I have such an awesome district, everyday it gets better and better. There are only 2 of them that I don't know someone is common with them. It is such a small world. Two of the Elders know Shaili's family, one knows Nash Wilkey, and was climbing buddies with him, one knows Landon Clegg, and all the other LP basketball players. One knows Jessica's husband Adam, he said he served in his stake in NM. It is such a small world!!!!! My companions get better and better every day! We all love each other so much.
This morning we got to go to the temple!!!

I finally understand why men always fall asleep during church meetings. I have been very close to falling asleep during some of my meetings. Even if we slept from 10:30-6:30, it's still an hour or more sleep less than I'm used too. But I'm working hard, so that's all that matters.
The spirit here is so strong, and amazing. Even when people share a one sentence thought, the spirit comes! I love it! I'm so excited to get out in the field and teach people for real. It's going to be super scary, but I'm so ready and excited for it!!!
I love you all, and I love getting mail!!! DearElder.com is the way to go, I get them every day!
Well I hope everyone is doing well. I sure am! :)
The church is true, and I love that I get the chance to share this wonderful message...
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment