Well I am in Sanford, ME! My area covers about 17 cities, but we mostly just stay in Sanford, because it is the most populated.... I definitely am not in Utah anymore. Not only are there tons and tons of trees (makes for getting car sick really easy), but it is already greener here than Utah gets. And their mountains... well they are more like hills. and small hills at that. haha. I was expecting it to be cold when I got here, but it was 75*. Last week there was a day that it got up to 87*. then the next day it rained all day.... And yes we walked around outside all day in the rain. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though... but sister Nelson said that was a light rain. :S eek, I don't want to know what heavy rain is then. The wind here is really cold too. It goes right through your clothes. So we have been wearing lots of layers to keep warm on windy days. Also, pretty much everyone smokes, so that is different too. Well when I got here, we had an investigator named Sheila Goode. She was coming along great. But she has a learning disorder that made it take a long time to cover all the lessons. She was finally starting to understand everything, and then she met a guy.... Well let's just say she isn't getting baptized May 1st anymore. We had to drop her yesterday.... So pretty much right now, we are having to start with only 2 investigators... they aren't really progressing, but we are still going to give them a chance for a little while longer. So that means our days will be full of tracting and street contacting.....Oh boy, Street contacting... you have to yell to people to get them to stop, and then you try to teach them a little something. most people say, "I'm all set." and won't listen anymore. But every once in a while someone will listen. Boy, I had NO idea what the field was like. The MTC was so amazing, and I was so excited, then I get out here, and it is not the same. At the MTC the spirit is so strong all the time. Here you have to fight to even feel the spirit during the day. So it is different. But Sister Nelson is a hard worker, and I'm glad she is my companion. She is letting me kind of get into the swing of things slowly, which I really appreciate! But I have testified during lessons, and each day I talk more and more.... some day I will get it down though. But it has only been a week, so I'm still getting used to it..........
Well I guess I should tell you about my companion. Sister Nelson is from Vernal, UT. Crazy story, we were in the same Anatomy Lab class together. I didn't really know her, but we recognized each other... once again it is a small world!!! Then one of the Elders in my district went to Cedar Ridge. I knew he looked familiar when I saw him, but he doesn't remember me. haha.
Sister Hatch, my MTC comp is clear over in NY... almost as far from each other as we can get. That is kind of sad, especially not knowing how everything is going for her. But that's okay, the Lord put us where He needed us. That is something I have to keep telling myself. I was put in the Sanford area for a reason... I don't know why yet, but there is a reason. It is pretty ghetto, especially compared to Utah, so it is a big adjustment for me, but the Lord put me here, so I will take it. PLEASE WRITE ME!!!!! I would love to get letters, Lots and lots of letters. Also I was going to print some pictures, and sent them home today, but I don't think we are going to have time, so next week i will try.....Well I hope everyone is having a great week! Love you all!!!!!Love, Sister Rankin!
This is a picture I found on the internet I think this is her apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment