Hello!!!
So I only have a few days left at the MTC. I leave Monday morning at 4 am! Then I have a layover in Detroit, then fly into Manchester. I don't remember the times though. And I got my Easter package!!! Thanks for all the little notes, they made my day! Also for the Peanut butter M&M's... yummy!!!!
Dad's birthday sounds like it was good, did he get my card??? The cake sounds really yummy. The only good food we get here is on P-day when we eat breakfast at the Temple! :) Tell Cameron I laughed when I read about how he broke his toe!!! That stinks, but is still funny!!! I told my district, and they all thought it was funny too! And also mom, tell Andrew and Mikayla (sp??) congrats for me! that is so exciting!!!
I'm so excited to watch Conference this weekend!!! About the conference bingo, my district was talking about that the other day. We were also talking about Don't eat Pete. ha ha, it was funny. but we were told we aren't allowed to take any food or candy with us, so it wouldn't have worked anyways.
This week was amazing (from last Saturday till today). We had three teaching appointments. One was a second lesson with our first investigators. HOLY COW!!! I love teaching. We have taught the first lesson every time, and when we get to the First Vision, the spirit comes in like a brick wall! it is so amazing. We have been able to get all of our investigators to cry from the powerfulness of the Spirit (it's awesome). The first couple we taught didn't believe in God or Jesus, they also didn't know anything about it. It is amazing how just telling them a few truths, their perception changes. We felt like we should have committed them to baptism, but we didn't know how to do it, so we didn't. but we think they would have accepted the invitation. The first time we taught them was a week ago Wednesday. We taught them a lot about prayer and faith, and that God loves us! Our teacher said he was very surprised with our teaching, because they were VERY rough investigators... so it's amazing that after just 2 visits, we probably could have gotten them to commit to be baptized. The second one was a girl. we taught her on Saturday night. She comes from a family that went to a lot of different churches, but wasn't a member of anyone. Wow, if we would have known how to commit someone to baptism at that time, she probably would have accepted too. (remember these are fake investigators, but it feels real) The spirit was so strong. It's amazing to see how it can guide us if we just listen to it!
Then yesterday we had a mother who was looking for truth. again, the spirit was so amazingly strong!!! I know it won't always be like this in the field with every investigator, but when it does happen, it will be AMAZING!!!!!
Also this week I started being more brave and bold while teaching lessons. Instead of sitting back and waiting for my turn, I jumped in and gave it my all. it felt SO good!!!! I love being a missionary.
Today we took a lot of pictures coming home from the temple.So I only have a few days left at the MTC. I leave Monday morning at 4 am! Then I have a layover in Detroit, then fly into Manchester. I don't remember the times though. And I got my Easter package!!! Thanks for all the little notes, they made my day! Also for the Peanut butter M&M's... yummy!!!!
Dad's birthday sounds like it was good, did he get my card??? The cake sounds really yummy. The only good food we get here is on P-day when we eat breakfast at the Temple! :) Tell Cameron I laughed when I read about how he broke his toe!!! That stinks, but is still funny!!! I told my district, and they all thought it was funny too! And also mom, tell Andrew and Mikayla (sp??) congrats for me! that is so exciting!!!
I'm so excited to watch Conference this weekend!!! About the conference bingo, my district was talking about that the other day. We were also talking about Don't eat Pete. ha ha, it was funny. but we were told we aren't allowed to take any food or candy with us, so it wouldn't have worked anyways.
This week was amazing (from last Saturday till today). We had three teaching appointments. One was a second lesson with our first investigators. HOLY COW!!! I love teaching. We have taught the first lesson every time, and when we get to the First Vision, the spirit comes in like a brick wall! it is so amazing. We have been able to get all of our investigators to cry from the powerfulness of the Spirit (it's awesome). The first couple we taught didn't believe in God or Jesus, they also didn't know anything about it. It is amazing how just telling them a few truths, their perception changes. We felt like we should have committed them to baptism, but we didn't know how to do it, so we didn't. but we think they would have accepted the invitation. The first time we taught them was a week ago Wednesday. We taught them a lot about prayer and faith, and that God loves us! Our teacher said he was very surprised with our teaching, because they were VERY rough investigators... so it's amazing that after just 2 visits, we probably could have gotten them to commit to be baptized. The second one was a girl. we taught her on Saturday night. She comes from a family that went to a lot of different churches, but wasn't a member of anyone. Wow, if we would have known how to commit someone to baptism at that time, she probably would have accepted too. (remember these are fake investigators, but it feels real) The spirit was so strong. It's amazing to see how it can guide us if we just listen to it!
Then yesterday we had a mother who was looking for truth. again, the spirit was so amazingly strong!!! I know it won't always be like this in the field with every investigator, but when it does happen, it will be AMAZING!!!!!
Also this week I started being more brave and bold while teaching lessons. Instead of sitting back and waiting for my turn, I jumped in and gave it my all. it felt SO good!!!! I love being a missionary.
I will try to get them printed and sent home soon.It is so weird to think that in a few days, I won't be seeing the people I have been stuck with 24/7 for the past 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm really sad about it, but it will be so fun when I get to see them again.
It's also fun that 7 out of the 9 of us in my district are going to the same mission. So we will be able to catch up every once in a while at like Mission conference and stuff.
Speaking of mission conference, last Sunday was fast Sunday. In the morning, instead of RS/Priesthood, we had mission conference. It was so good. The MTC presidency all spoke, along with their wives. They told some amazing stories, and the spirit was so strong! I wish all of you could experience the feeling here at the MTC! Then we had testimony meeting with our zone! WOW!!!! So awesome!!! then that night we watched the Testaments. It was really good!
I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
There have been a couple rough patches with my companionship, but we were able to get through them with some good ol' companionship inventory!
It's going to be sad to send Sister Kinikini off to Australia, and not to see Sister Hatch everyday! But it will be good.Well I am getting short on time! I love you all, and thanks for the letters/notes!!!
Keep writing! :)
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment