Monday, June 28, 2010

Another week in Sanford

Hello Everyone-
So this week we had a couple great lessons, and many mini miracles. To start, we had a lesson on Tuesday with a man named Charlie (the one who has stage 4 bone cancer). It was all on prayer, it was such a good lesson! He is changing so much already. We found out that he was going to cancel our lesson, but after the Bro. L talked to him, he decided to keep it. He was so glad that he did. He is coming along slow, but good! We are so excited about teaching Charlie, and can already see the good that has come in his life from learning about the Gospel of Christ!
This week was girls camp, so Richards mother (who is a member and where we always have our lessons was gone) was gone all week. Richard never answers our phone calls, or calls us back, we usually have to work through his mother. And since she was gone, we had no way of reaching Richard. It was Wednesday, and we didn't have a lesson set up with Richard, and we were really worried. We wanted to teach him, but didn't know how we would be able to set up an appointment. Well we were driving from tracting to our lesson in Sanford. We were already going to be a couple minutes late... Well we drive past a red truck that was pulled over on the side of the road.... It was Richard!!!! So we turned around as quickly as we could, and went back to talk to him. Well right as we were about to get there, the truck pulls out and was going the other way. We were so sad. So we turned around again and headed home. A couple minutes later I looked behind us, and 2 cars back was Richard. After a few more minutes of driving, and trying to figure out how we could get him to stop, we pulled over and let him pass. Then we drove up behind him, and honked and were waving like crazy! His son, Ricky, looks back and gives us a weird look, and then starts waving. So Richard pulled over... we jumped out of the car, and were able to set up a lesson with him!!!!!! The best part of the story was, that earlier that day, we had prayed that we would be able to reach Richard to set up an appointment! The Lord answers our prayers!!!!!!! :) And I was so glad that Ricky wasn't embarrassed by us, because his friend was in the car too, and he totally could have pretended that he didn't know who we were.... cuz we were pretty crazy looking. haha! :P
Loral is getting closer and closer to setting a date. This last week she said she has been praying, and is thinking Aug. or Sept. sometime!!!!! Yay!!! I was so excited!
On Thursday people kept warning us that huge thunder storms were coming. Well right before the first one hit, a Catholic lady let us in her house. She gave us water and fresh banana bread. We talked to her about the church, but she wasn't interested. Well the storm came and went while we were in her house! :) Then that night another one came. We were in our lesson with Richard when it hit. Good thing, because it was raining so hard!!!! The rain was coming down sideways, the wind was so strong. I thought it was a hurricane.... because I know what those are like. :P haha. But we would have been completely soaked if we would have been out tracting. The Lord was looking out for us! :)
On Saturday we had the idea of eating lunch at a park. Well when we went to the street to get to the park, the street was hardly a street. It had no houses on it or anything.... AND there was no park. Not even the slightest hint that a park was ever even there... bummer!!!! We have found out a lot the past few days that our map is so not accurate. We kept trying to get places on streets that showed it connected 2 other streets.... well not a single one got even close to connecting the 2 bigger streets. It was annoying, because it made our plans for tracting all fall through, and having to change them on the spot. We met a man this week that really thinks that people evolved from swamp slime.... and that we are the only think like us on earth, because we killed and ate all the other things that could have become like us! I was trying SO hard not to laugh while he was talking to us..... sometimes if people would just listen to themselves, they would realize how crazy their "beliefs" are...... I know we did not come from swamp slime!!!!!!!

My talk yesterday at church was so terrible!!!!!!!!! I could not find my place in my notes at all, I used my quotes and stuff at the wrong parts, I wasn't able to make anything flow, since I was going off my memory..... I was so disappointed with myself when I was done. I don't even know what I really said, since everything I had planned to say wasn't said. :( And I DO NOT like writing a talk without LDS.org to go to to get talks.... haha but oh well!
So last night we stopped by a members house. I think they are our long lost relatives.... Her parents are just like grandma/pa. they are always building and fixing things. Using everything, not letting anything go to waste. They dug out a basement from their already built house.... I really thought I was talking to Lori the whole time. The lady, Sis. Burk reminded me so much of Lori. She has a son who is special needs. He was having terrible seizures when he was 8 months old. He doesn't have them now, but he cant' talk or do anything for himself. She is so humble and positive. I felt like I was at home. Her son, Mathew had the sweetest laugh and smile, it reminded me so much of Brady!!!!!! :) It was a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to go and visit with that family last night!!!!!
Well I am out of time!!
I love you all,
Love,
Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment