Hello Everyone!!!
This week was either hot and humid, or humid and rainy!!!! Sanford got two new ponds yesterday... they were called left shoe pond and right shoe pond! After Church we went out tracting.... to say it was down poring, would be an understatement. The second I got out of the car, everything from the knees down were soaked... and stayed soaked until 9pm when we came in for the night. Boo, it was not fun!!!!! And to top it all off, I didn't have a rain coat, so from the knees up, I was just soggy, and my umbrella was leaking on my head..... Boy, we must have been a sight to see!!!! ha ha. (I can laugh about it now, but at the time, I was so NOT happy with the weather.) But today it looks like a nice day, so hopefully this week will be better weather wise than last week!!!!
I also found out earlier this week during a rain storm, that my backpack is NOT water proof.... everything in my bag got soaked.... So when the rain comes, I have to carry my scripture case with everything in it, very close to my body. :P So this week I got asked if I was pregnant and another person told me I have acne..... Oh the things I put up with as a missionary! :)
I do have some good things to say about the past week. So on Friday we went tracting to a street that we had planned to do a few other times before, but took a wrong turn or ran out of time or something. At the 3rd or 4th house we met a lady named Lori! Oh my goodness, she is so prepared and ready to hear and learn about the gospel. She asked us how she can feel and recognize the Spirit. So we had a lesson with her on her door step. We talked about her question, Joseph Smith, and she even accepted a soft baptismal commitment. (To be baptized if/when she comes to know that it is true.) If we would have tracted the street on either of the 2 other days we had planned, she would have been gone doing stuff for her kids sports and other activities. The Lord really does put us in the exact places we need to be a the exact time we need to be there!!!!! It was so exciting to find her. We are meeting with her again on Wednesday!!!! On Thursday we also got a really cool new investigator. His name is Tyler. He just graduated from high school, and when we first knocked on his door, he said he doesn't believe in God anymore, and doesn't want to learn. But as we got talking to him, we found out that he lost all faith and belief when his mom died 5 years ago. A lot of other things had happened to him before that as well, but that was the push over. He said he had talked to many therapist and other church people, but nothing helped him at all. We said a prayer with him, and taught him about how Heavenly Father loves him. How He has a perfect plan for us, and that he can know where his mom is, and that he can be with her again if he follows Christ's gospel. We were able to set up a return appointment, and he is excited to learn more!!!! YEAH!!! I have such a good feeling about him. The only problem is, that we don't know if he is still 17, or if he is 18. If he is still 17 then we have to get his step-dad's permission...... But we are hoping for the best, and that we will be able to teach him more! :) Well that was my week....
I can't believe that I am half way through my second transfer already!!! time is flying by!!!!
Hope all is well with everyone back home! Love you lots!!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment