Hello Everyone.....
Well from the sounds of things back home, my week fits right in. With everyone getting sick and hurt.... I fell down the stairs at someones house on Thursday evening. It had been rainy all day, and we were walking up stairs to knock on the door. We heard someone come out downstairs, so as we headed down, my foot slipped on the wet mossy step, and I slid down about half way. I have some really pretty colored bruised on my left arm, right ankle, above my right knee on the side, and my right hip...... And they hurt bad! Since then I have had to be very careful with how I sleep and everything, because if anything touches my bruises, it is very painful. but it could have been worse, so if all I got was some bruises, mud on my clothes, and a little embarrassment, then I think that is good!!!! :)
So this week could be my last week in Sanford. Because we are getting a new mission president on June 30th, this transfer is only going to be 5 weeks long, and then next transfer will be 7 weeks...... So next Sunday night I will know if I am staying or leaving. Which also means, if anyone is going to send me a letter, make sure to send it to the mission home, so I will actually get it, in case I do get transferred. It was another rainy week. It either rained all day everyday, rained off and on all day, or was overcast and cloudy. But today it is sunny and warmer than it ever was last week, so we will see. haha! :)
So on Thursday night we had an AMAZING lesson. It was at our Ward mission leaders home. It was with one of his friends named Charlie who has stage 4 bone cancer. He as been trying to get him to take lessons for years, but wasn't ever interested. This time Charlie called Bro. "L" and asked to learn. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. HOLY COW!!!!! The spirit was SO strong. My testimony of the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement grew so much during that lesson. Charlie is kind of hesitant, but we were able to get a return appointment with him, and are teaching him again on Thursday. I am so excited!!!! It really was probably the best lesson I have had out here so far. He is going to take a lot of work, but I know this gospel will help him and his family. Especially in this time he is going through. Both his daughters are recently divorced, and the family situation is slowly going down hill. He is supposed to have a bone marrow transplant at the end of Aug. that only has a 30% chance of working... and him living. Even if he doesn't get baptized, or make it far enough to get baptized, the gospel will be able to bring more peace into his life, and his families life!!!! I hope everything goes well with him, so that he can make those changes in life, and be baptized!!!!! I also learned from that lesson, how important it is to have lessons in members homes. The spirit is so much stronger in members homes, so it is able to come into the lessons so much more! That is a push that President Jensen is giving us. We are supposed to try to get all of our lessons in a members home, or at the church if a home isn't available.... last resort, just take a member with us to the investigators house. Some sad news... both of the new investigators I wrote about last week fell through. Lori talked to an old friend of her's who told her all this anti stuff, so she decided not to meet with us at this time. Then the younger boy Tyler moved to Dover, NH. We went to the lesson, and his step dad was home. He told us that he just moved that week to go live with his grandparents. :( I was so sad!!! I hope the missionaries in Dover can find him and teach him!!!!
So if I don't get transferred, then I have to speak in Sacrament meeting in 2 Sundays.... :S Just because I'm a missionary, doesn't mean it's going to be any easier, or that I'm going to like doing it. I get so nervous just talking to one person in a lesson, let alone a whole ward. Well I'm just about out of time!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment