Hello Everyone-
Well good news.... I didn't get a greenie from the MTC, but a temple square sister. She's not, everything is new to her, but this kind of missionary work is. So I am still training, but it's not as scary, because she knows how to talk to people already. :)
She is from Switzerland, and is 27. She has been on her mission for almost a year, but in the "field" one transfer more than me. Oh, her name is Sister Gaggini! Her native language is French, and she has a HUGE french accent, so it is kind of hard to understand her a lot of the time.... but we are working with it. We both have to say things lots of times, and I have to explain what things mean. :S that's the scary part. haha.
Well this week was FREEZING. It was in the 30's all week. If we were lucky it got up to like 42-45*. I don't want to pull out my full on winter coat yet, because I know it will just get colder, but I might have to so I don't freeze.
We had a pretty slow week. Most of our lessons got cancelled, so we spent a lot of time tracting. Unfortunately a lot of our area is weekend homes, and i seemed to pick all those area's this week. Needless to say, we didn't talk to too many people. haha. So our miracle for the week was we were able to find one person who let us talk to him. We gave him a Book of Mormon. He wasn't interested in us coming back, but he said he would read the Book of Mormon.
On Sunday we had a big miracle.... We were sitting in Sacrament meeting, and a lady in the branch came in and got me. She said, "I need to talk to you in the hall." We went out there, and she said that the phone in the hall had just rang, and she answered it. It was a man who said he was interested in the church, and wanted to learn more!!!! She got his name and address, and we will be stopping by this week to meet him!!! That was so cool!!! I have never experienced that before! It was so cool.
At transfer meeting on Tuesday I found out some GREAT news.... Bro. Richard Crispin is getting baptized at the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to hear that. Also Elizabeth Earl who I started teaching in Sanford is getting baptized Dec. 4th!!!!!! Also, both of their kids are starting to learn. And a couple that I found in Sanford who we had to drop because they kept canceling their lessons, is learning and progressing towards baptism too!!!! Oh my goodness, it was such great news!!! I was so excited to hear that!
Well it is kind of stressful to "train", especially when I had only been here for 6 weeks. So things are moving slow, but we are doing our best. The nights come way too fast (it is getting dark at 5pm), and we don't have many street lights in our area. We are trying to get creative in the dark hours, but for now we are trying to brave it out, and tract among the dark forest and wild animals. haha :P
Keep praying for me, and I would love some letters!!!! :)
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment