Monday, November 29, 2010

great (cold) week in Plymouth, Nov 29th

Hello Everyone-


So this week was a great and cold week. There is so much to say, I hope I have time to get it all in.....

On Monday, Sister Gaggini got attacked by a cat during our lesson. She went home with both of her hands covered in scratches. It was kind of funny.... she kept letting the cat "play" with her hands, but I knew the whole time that it was bugging her. I had to laugh, so did she.... after the pain. haha

Tuesday we had to go to our church to let the Elders (zone leaders and all the district leaders in our zone) in for a meeting. Our church was the middle spot. Well they invited us to go have lunch with them after their meeting so we went..... The zone leaders, E. Campbell and E. Smith made up a story about me, that they decided to share with everyone. So they think I'm "mean", because of my sarcastic remarks. (Really they just like to say I'm mean, because it gets a reaction, because I am NOT mean). So they made up this story about how the whole zone was going to take over the Mission office, and I was the one they choose to take lead.... well I went crazy, and was destroying everything, so they were going to "take me out", then, like a vampire from Twilight, I appeared behind them, and killed the zone leaders....... WHAT IN THE WORLD???? Yeah, this is what I have to deal with every week.... haha.... no, actually it was really funny. They were going to make a movie of it too, but they decided not to after all. Then they decided to tell me, "We only give you a hard time, because we care about you, like if you were our sister." Oh great, I can't get away from "brothers" teasing me, even when I'm on a mission. haha..... :P

On Wednesday we were out tracting, and we found a new lady that we are going to teach tonight. Her name is Chrissy (spelling???). We asked her a simple question of, "How would you feel to know that your family could be together forever?" She said, "That would be AMAZING... my father died 2 years ago and my mother is dying." WE asked if she wanted to learn more, and she said, "Yes!!! Come back on Monday!" We were so excited!

Thanksgiving was weird. We had a super fun district meeting that morning. It was more of a Thanksgiving party (we were all A.D.D.), then we tracted for like and hour, then we went to dinner at a members house. The weird part was that we had Thanksgiving dinner, and there was only 7 of us.... and there was NO PUMPKIN PIE.... who has thanksgiving with no pumpkin pie???? After dinner we stopped by a couple of other members, then called it a night.

Saturday we survived our first day of tracting in the snow. The only place that really got hit was the town we were tracting in. One min. it was us just walking in the snow, and the next it was a blizzard.... Oh boy. Then it stopped, and then like and hour later another blizzard came. We actually had a lot of fun that day. We were writing in the snow in the roads "MORMON.ORG", and throwing snow at each other. I say this now (and it will probably change when we get colder weather and more snow...), but it wasn't that bad to tract in the snow!!!! It was probably our funnest overall day in the week!!

Also on Saturday, the Assistants called me and told me that Bro. Crispin was getting baptized that day!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh my goodness, I was SO excited!!!!!!! I think they told me, only because one of the Assistants was in my district for 3 1/2 transfers while I was teaching him. So that news made my day!!!

The man who called us, Jonathan French, has a baptism date of Feb. 6th!!! We have taught him twice now. He wants this so bad.... we have some... challenges... that we have to work around/with, but he is pretty solid!!! So that is exciting.

This week Sister Gaggini and I get to go on a road trip to Manchester. Tomorrow (Tues) we are driving down there for a 3 day training. It will be fun. All of the sisters in the mission are going to be there, along with some elders. But it will be fun!!!

Well that was my week! Love you all

Love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment