Monday, November 1, 2010

Transfer 5 is now over

Hello Everyone---


Good news... I'm staying in Plymouth!!! So Sister Hill is going home on Wednesday... I am super sad. She was so much fun! I love her. This transfer flew by..... :(

So our District Halloween party was a hit. We all dressed up, and then we had soup and bread bowls for lunch. The Elders all had funny costumes. Sister Hill and I were a salt and pepper shaker, there was a moose and a hunter, a boxing trainer (he is training) and his boxing trainee, and then a hit man (he killed his last comp. the one he has now, and her goes home this next transfer) and a tie bandit. It was so much fun. We were going to carve pumpkins, but we ran out of time.

On Friday we went to our branch Trunk or Treat.... We dressed up as tourist that time. It was so fun. We had on our NH shirts, ME/NH sweatshirts, camera's around out necks, and maps coming out of our backpacks. It was so fun!!!!!

Tuesday Rita took up to a beautiful waterfall!!! It was so pretty. She is so sweet! Yesterday she accepted a baptismal date for Dec. 12th..... So that was really exciting.

Yesterday was also the branch primary program. Oh boy, it was a hoot!!!! the primary is really small, but it was good. I loved it!

We had 5 people at church yesterday!!!!!!!!! :) All 4 of our investigators, plus a lady who just showed up, and we are teaching her on Tuesday. That is the second time that we have had a non member just show up to church and let up come and teach them. It's so cool!

On Sat. a couple in our branch took us out for Chinese food with Rita..... Oh man, bad Idea. Yup, don't like Chinese food STILL!!!!

So what have I learned up to this point in my mission. I've learned how important it is to love people. Sister Hill is an AMAZING example of Christ-Like Charity and love. I've learned that things take time. There is opposition in ALL things. I've learned patience....... I'm still working on it. :)

On Halloween we had to come in at 5pm. Sister Hill packed, I wrote letters, and we just talked. All the fun things we had planned to do fell through. But it was good. Today the branch mission leader is taking us to lunch in Tilton, and to Lake Winnapasoki (spelling????). That should be fun. We are going to enjoy our last day together.

It snowed a few snow flakes a couple of times this week. I'm NOT looking forward to the snow. Wow, you already got a lot of snow in UT.... Sister Hill saw the picture and was sad. She doesn't want to go home to snow. ha ha.

Well next week I will have a lot of exciting things to share.....

ps... I'M TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm scared out of my mind. I'm not ready to be a Sr. companion let alone train a GREENIE!!!!



PRAY FOR ME A LOT!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO NEED THEM!!!!



love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment