Hello everyone-
This week was great. We had a wonderful three day training in Manchester. It sort of started on a rough foot though.... We got picked up by a Sr. sister and another sister missionary. When we were leaving our apartment, the Sr. sister slipped on ice, and face planted it into the ground. Instantly her knee was swollen, and she cut her eye brow.... so we took care of her, and then I had to drive her car down to Manchester (I was the only other one who can drive.). So she came away with a jacked up knee, black eye, cut eye brow, bruised chin, cheek and hands. :(
But it was SO much fun to see all the sisters, and actually get to now them. I didn't really know any of them, except the 3 who had been my companions... But now I know all the sisters, and I love them!!!! We had so much fun! On Wednesday, I kind of got on President Wilkey's "black list." He had some hats, and he put one on and asked people what he looked like with it on. I said he looked like a Cute little old man..... Well... I will never live that one down. He kept pulling pranks on me the rest of the 2 days... in front of everyone. It was funny though!!! It was so spiritual as well. I learned a lot, and it was a nice "break" from the typical missionary work. We also had a clothing swap on Wednesday night. I got some rain boots!!! Yay!!! We laughed a lot, and we all want to serve together now.... but in the next two transfers we will be getting 9 new sisters.... So basically everyone who is out now, will be training with in the next two transfers. EeeK!!
Other than that, we had a pretty slow week... Rita dropped us :( and no one showed up at church again this week. Our most solid investigator, can't come to church yet. (special circumstances) So yeah. Bro. Marsh might not be getting baptized on the 15th, since he hasn't been to church for a month now. We have to talk to his still, and get everything figured out. So we will see.
Well Christmas is coming, time is flying, and it's getting cold. It is snowing right now. :( It wouldn't be bad, if the temp. didn't get so low. haha.
And I won't be writing any letters this week, so if you are waiting for me to write you back, I'm sorry, it won't be this week.... hopefully next week!!!
Love you all!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment