Monday, March 21, 2011

One year out.

Hello Everyone-


So this was a great week here in New England. So I'm just going to go day by day to tell about my week...

Monday night was a weird night.... Sister Page and I went to stop by a potential investigator. After we knocked on the door once, we decided to leave. No one had come to the door, and we could see that they had company. We didn't want to "loose our chance of a stop by to follow up on the things we left them." We wanted our stop by to be able to turn it into a lesson and new people to teach. So we walked away. As we were heading down the street, I saw them going to their door. I sort of freaked out, and didn't want them to see us, so we started running..... (BAD IDEA). Then we were like, well we don't want them to see us running away, so we stopped and just walked to the car, and didn't turn back to look. Oh my gosh, WHO RUNS AWAY FROM THEIR POTENTIAL INVESTIGATORS??? We are such dorks!!! But it gave a great laugh for days.

Wednesday was a rainy day. But it was a cool day. The Lord's timing worked so perfectly. Our plans after lunch fell through. We were going to go do our back up plan of stopping by some recent converts, but we didn't feel like it. So we went out tracting in the rain. Then we saw that we had gotten some text messages from a former investigator that wanted to meet with us that night. So we went to the car, worked everything out so we could go meet her. We went and met her, and she wants to start learning again. Well after her we only had 15 min. left before we could go in. So we were like, I guess we will go stop by the Dilorenzo's now. (the people we had planned for earlier that day). Well as we were knocking on their door, the mom was walking up the stairs and was so mad. She was not in a good mood. As we were talking to her she calmed down. Then she said, "I love when you come to see me. You always make me feel better." Okay, so if we would have stopped by earlier in the day, that totally would not have happened. We got in the car, and were so grateful and excited about the Lords timing. We were being prompted by the spirit all day, and not even realizing it! AWESOME!!!!

Thursday was my year mark/St. Patrick's Day/ district meeting. Okay, it was 60* that day. We didn't wear our coats the whole day! :) It was such a great day. It was fun.... and we got a new investigator. He is the 13 year old son of one of the less actives we are working with. We went to teach the mom that night, and her son had said he wants to go to church, and to learn!!!!!!! So exciting!!!

Friday it was 66*.... another no coat day! After planning we went to visit a less actives 7 year old daughter in the hospital. So we spent and hour "playing" with this little girl. Her non member grandma was in the room the whole time... so don't worry. haha. But we sang to her/with her. We danced. She made a little play for us to do. I was the dog (a stuffed animal), and sister page was the bunny. Oh goodness, it was SO much fun! The little girl had a blast, and the grandma was so grateful! It probably was the funnest hour of "service" I've had on my whole mission!!!

Saturday (okay, don't laugh), S. Page, S. Hatch, S. Amuli, and I sang for the Stake Youth fireside. Oh boy, it sounded terrible. We didn't get to practice at all, and then as we are standing up there, we found out we didn't have a piano player. It was SO bad... haha. Good thing it was only 12-13 year olds there. NOT GOOD!!!! But it was fun, because I got to see a lot of the kids I knew from Plymouth. One of the girls we were teaching (a less active) and the member son of the dad we were teaching. That was good!

Sunday we sang in the ward choir.... we had to redeem ourselves from the night before. haha. That went well. We kind of got roped into doing the ward choir... but it's a good way to build trust with the members. We also tracted into Hannah's (the girl who got baptized my first week here) former pasture... that was awkward. haha.

Well things are going well.... I can't believe I have been out for a year now! CRAZY!!!!

Love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment