Hello Everyone-
So this week I had to make the decision of when I was coming home.... I will be home.............,,,,,,......... Aug 24th! It's really weird to think that I only have 5 months left. The first forever of my mission I never thought my year mark would come. I felt like I was going to be a missionary FOREVER!!! 18 months was SO long... Now that I am towards the end... I feel like I haven't been a missionary long enough.... It actually freaks me out to think that I ONLY have 5 month left.... SO if you could all be kind, and NOT mention the fact that I don't have much time left, that would be great. I have minor freak out moments whenever I remember that I ONLY have 5 months left!!!!
So this week was pretty slow. We got ditched by ALL of our investigators, and we had to drop one of them. We did teach a lot of less active lessons though..... I have officially decided that being a full time missionary means you are also a part time therapist!!!! Seriously, everyone (even if it's the first time we are meeting them), dumps their whole life out on us. OH BOY!!! It makes for some very interesting hours.... and lots of "de-stressing" laughing after.
We had zone interviews this week up in Concord. I love interviews!!! President and Sister Wilkey are AMAZING!!!
Let's see, what else happened this week. Oh, our scrabble group (service) has down sized to just one lady. All the other ladies have decided that they will not play if this one lady is playing. They got in a big argument over the game when they were playing through out the week. It was sad. We couldn't convince any of them to come and play with us. We are trying to figure out a different game we could play with them. I never knew scrabble could be so "competitive".....
I guess the only other funny thing (or any story for that matter) from this week happened last night (Sunday night). We asked the assistants if they would make fliers for us to pass out about general conference (since they can use the computers). So last night at 9pm we picked them up the fliers at the elders apartment. They clipped them to their mail box for us. So we grabbed them, then ran back to the car and went home. When we got home we looked at the fliers.... they were AWFUL!!! We didn't know what to do. I was like, "They can't be serious about these!!!!!!" But we didn't want to seem rude or ungrateful, so we just decided that we would call them in the morning, say thank you, then make our own.... at 9:50 we get a message from the elders asking us if we wanted more of them, or if that was what we were wanting. We called them back, and tried to nicely tell them that the fliers were terrible and we would NOT use them.... Then the Elders just started laughing so hard. When they were making the real ones they decided to play a joke on us. They had been waiting for almost an hour for us to call and comment on them. It was really funny!!!!
This week is going to be the week that we find more investigators. Sister Wilkey told us we would!!! We are going to pray harder, and find harder than before. We are also SUPER excited about conference this weekend!!! I love conference!!! We hope to be able to get lots of people there!!! Pray for us and our area!!!
Love you all!!
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment