Okay, this is so weird to think that after Thursday I can no longer say, "Well last year at this time I was at home doing this..." It will be, "last year at this time I was at the MTC or in Sanford." WEIRD!!!!!!!!!
So this week was really good, and kind of crazy.
So on Tuesday we got to go to transfer meeting, to help them set everything up, and clean the church after. It was fun to be there, and not be stressing about where I would be going, or who my companion would be. It was weird, because NO sisters in the whole mission got transferred this time. Transfer meetings are so fun, and it's even more fun when you aren't stressed, you just get to sit back and enjoy!
The only bad thing that happened at transfer meeting, was that Sister Hatch and I were carrying a table, and I was walking backwards with it... well long story short, i smashed my finger between the table and the corner or the wood door.... my CTR ring is no longer a circle, and I can't really wear it... and I had a bruised finger. haha. :S
Wednesday was a really crazy day!!!!! So many weird things happened.... It started off with trying to stop by some member, but there was no parking on any of the streets around. We had to park like 5 or 6 streets away. (and we were in the Elders area, so we aren't supposed to contact people.) As we were walking back to our car, we saw a man picking up cans. So we picked up the ones we saw, and took them over to him. Well he didn't speak English... He couldn't even understand us enough to tell us what language he speaks... So Sister Page gives him a pamphlet, and then we realized he can't read it in English. haha. So then we were trying to leave, but he couldn't understand us, so we just waved and walked away.
Then while tracting, we met some interesting people. We met one lady who I had to explain to her the church's stand on homosexuality... which was awkward because she was married to a woman. Then we met a Jehovah's Witness who was trying to tell us what we believe is wrong... but she was saying all these things that we don't believe. Or telling us we have to do things, that we do! Then she says to us, "Well I go out 1-3 times a week and knock on doors..." Oh how badly we wanted to say, WE do it 24/7. But we didn't. We just laughed to ourselves. Then we met a man who told us he only believes in the Bible. But when we asked him if he believed the Prophets from the Bible were prophets he told us no... then he was all confused. Then we met a Catholic man who told us he would NEVER look at Mormon.org, because Mormons have NO path of righteousness in our church.... Then it was getting dark. We only knock on the doors that have lights on in the house. Well Sister page and I were trying to see if this one house had lights on or not... All of a sudden we see a person, then the lights turn off.... Let's just say "crack" kills, and people really should have and use blinds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha.... we skipped that house. haha.
That night we went at stopped by a member. As we were about to leave, she told us she wanted to give us something. It was a couple dresses.... Sister Page looked at the size, and it was........ 4X...... She kindly tried to reject them, but the lady yelled at us and told us we had to take them. So we did. So we now have 2 dresses that are 4X.... We took some really funny pictures in them... yeah, we had fun that night.
Showing how big the dresses are
While we were driving home, we saw a dead possum in the road. OKAY, WHERE DO POSSUMS COME FROM IN THE CITY????? I thought they were only the woods and stuff!!! I don't know, it was funny though.
While we were driving home, we saw a dead possum in the road. OKAY, WHERE DO POSSUMS COME FROM IN THE CITY????? I thought they were only the woods and stuff!!! I don't know, it was funny though.
Thursday we had a relief society birthday dinner... we were SO excited, because one of the less actives we are working with came. She hasn't come to church yet, and isn't ready for that, but she came to the RS activity. We were so excited, it wasn't even funny!!!!
Saturday we had the privilege of having Sister Wilkey come teaching with us. It was to our new investigator, who is a tough nut to crack. After the lesson Sister Wilkey was like, "Man, he's a hard one." But she told us how well we taught together. The spirit was SO strong in our lesson. We found out that she even talked about that lesson in her talk in the Manchester ward on Sunday. She is such an amazing person, with such a strong testimony!!! I am so lucky and blessed to have such a great mission president and presidents wife!!!!!
Well that was our week.... Happy St. Patrick's day this Thursday.
Love, Sister Rankin


No comments:
Post a Comment