Monday, August 23, 2010

A great week

I NEED ANOTHER JOURNAL. MINE WILL ONLY LAST ME A MAX OF 10 MORE DAYS!!!!

Hello everyone-This week was such a great week!!!!!!

Tuesday President and Sister Wilkey came out to see us. We were going to have a picnic with them, but they were running late (Pres. got stuck at the mission office), so they went out tracting with us.... we only made it to one door before they had to leave. We were at the door for 30 min. though. It was really neat to see President Wilkey interacting with the man we met. We didn't talk much about the gospel, because right off the back the man told us he was Jewish and didn't want to listen. It was a great lesson on knowing that we can talk to people and have a normal conversation with them, even if they aren't interested. and we don't have to feel bad for doing it.... We ended up getting a private garden tour of this mans yard. It was cool.
Later that night we had our lesson with Richard. I was following up with him on how his smoking and coffee was going. He said he was done! He hadn't smoked or had any coffee for 3 days!!!!!!! It was so exciting. He didn't even tell us! It was a great surprise! Then we had a great lesson with him about Christ. We decided to give him some pass along cards, because he said people keep coming up to him and asking why he is so happy. He says it's because he goes to the True Church. His testimony is so strong, and it is SO fun to see the change in him.
Thursday we tracted the whole day..... We kept going to streets on our map, that didn't really exist in real life! It was so annoying. So we just went to the road that was real. We didn't know what it was called, we just saw houses so we went and knocked on them. We were able to teach two lessons, but no return appointments. But it was a good day.
That night President and Sister Wilkey called to check up and see how the rest of Tuesday had gone. Before they ended the call, President sang us a lullaby. It was the one he sang to his daughters when they were young. It was so neat. He said we are really special, because not very many people have had that sung to them. WE HAVE THE BEST MISSION PRESIDENT EVER!!!! :) We love the Wilkey's!!!!!
Friday we had another lesson with Richard. We had asked him to write his testimony of the Christ and Joseph Smith. It was such a sweet and sincere testimony. He talked about how much joy this gospel has brought into his life. How he was so grateful that Joseph Smith was called to bring back the truth! Then he bore a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was SO neat! It's amazing to see how much he has changed. He is so happy... he is giddy for his baptism. It is awesome. I remember when we met him and he said he would never quit smoking...... that he couldn't, it was his vice. Well look at him now! He is such a solid investigator, and he loves the ward, and they love him!
Saturday I almost got ran over by Sister Brovont and another car. We were driving on a semi busy road, that had lots of hills and curves. We needed to turn around, and Sister Brovont didn't make it. So I had to jump out in the middle of the road to back her up. Well this car comes speeding around the corner. They were going to hit us. But I was in the middle of the road. Sister Brovont wasn't moving, so I ran to jump in the car. when I have one foot in the car, she starts driving. I was holding on for dear life, and trying to hop into the car.... luckily I did, with not much pain, but I would have gotten hit if I hadn't made it in the car. It was really funny, but scary! But no worries mom, I AM SAFE!!!
Also on Saturday we met this kid who told us he bases his life and beliefs off of the Twilight Zone..... OH MY GOODNESS, really! Both Sister Brovont and I were in shock and didn't know what to say. I thought he was crazy!!!!
My foot is getting a lot better. I feel like I could run on it, but the Dr. says no running or kicking with it yet. I don't know when I will be able to... but at least it isn't painful anymore!

I only got one letter last week... from Kortney on Sat. So I will try to remember what you said in your e-mail so i can have something to write to you.
Well my time is up....
Love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment