Hello everyone-
This week was a very interesting week.... to say the least. On Wednesday we found out that we can take our investigators to the Joseph Smith Memorial in VT, so we are trying to organize that. I am so excited to go!!!! :)
So Wednesday we had District Meeting in Exeter, NH. The DL's had to have a meeting with the Zone leaders that morning, so we all went there to have our district meetings. After we had a big zone lunch. After eating lunch we still have 30-40 min. and there were a lot of basketballs in the gym.... so when you have a building with 16 elders in it, you can guess what happened. Well we didn't play a game of basketball, but we played speed. Yes Sister Brovont and I played... in our skirts. The elders didn't think we would play, but we sure did. and guess what.... in the first game I played in I took 2nd place!!!!!!!! :) the second game I had to go second because I had won, so it was a little harder. I took 5th place that time. It was so much fun... .but running after a basketball in a skirt is not so easy. You can't run as fast (don't want the skirt flying up), and the Elders weren't going to help us out. A few times they were "nice" but for the most part, they had no mercy. haha. But it was so much fun!!!
Later that day I got my foot xrayed.... well It wasn't broken, but I did get a lateral something sprain on my right foot. So that's why it was still hurting. We went to our Bishop who is a Chiropractor's office to get it done. So we gave me the works. I got laser acupuncture on my foot and then this other thing that turns off the natural pain receptors or something..... I went 2 times last week, and I go again today and on Friday. He did find some early stage arthritis in my right big toe though. He said it looks like it came from a earlier foot injury... but I don't recall anything. So we he is doing some therapy on my toe too. So Friday was the CRAZY day. It started with my Dr. appointment in the middle of weekly planning. So normally we get out the door at 1:30, but because of my appointment, it was 3 when we left. Then the first door we knocked on was this crazy man. He made Sister Brovont cry. And then he felt bad and was like, "Do you need to talk." She said yes. I mean, we would have had to go sit in the car and talk through it, and let her calm down, so we figured we might as well talk to him...... Well after a lot of craziness, and WAY too much time there, we walked away laughing, and with $100 worth of mind puzzle things. (like rubix cube to the extreme type things).
We talked to a total of 5 people that day. WEIRD. Definitely was the weirdest day of my mission so far. Then Saturday was kind of weird too. We didn't talk to very many people, but every one we talked to was nice, and we talked to them for a long time. Sadly, none of them we interested in learning more about the gospel at this point.
Sunday we found out from our ward mission leader that Bro. Crispin already has his date picked out to go to the temple to receive his Endowment!!!! Oct. 14th, 2011. He will be going with his brother in law and half sister who have been members for 4 years, and haven't been to the temple yet. They are less active right now. But because of the true joy and happiness (and great example) Richard has, he is helping his family become more active!!!! It's such a great feeling when someone you found and have been teaching from the beginning is already SO excited to go to the temple, and they haven't even been baptized yet!!!!!!!!!! that makes all the long hard day worth it! :)
Also on Sunday, I ate scallops.... and I liked them. It was kind of weird though, because they still had sand in them. The member said he cleaned them so well... but you can't get all the sand out. and that it isn't a true scallop experience if you don't get sand it in as well. haha!!!! It was the Earnest family!! We love them. They are amazing!Well that was my week. The weather is starting to get cooler, and even cold at night. The leaves are almost to the point where they want to change colors. I'm excited for fall to actually get here. :)
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment