Hello Everyone-
So I have a problem........... I laugh way too much!!! (more details later)
This week was kind of a slow week. We had a lot of rain.
Sis. Marsh is doing great at getting rid of her coffee... She went three days last week with NO coffee. The other days she drank less than half the amount that she normally drinks. That was exciting. That is what is keeping her from setting a baptismal date. She wants to be living the word of wisdom before she sets a date. And she is working on that now. :) We are also going to go and help her make doughnuts tomorrow. that will be fun. haha.
One day we went out tracting. We started walking, and it looked like we were walking into a nun compound (or whatever they are called). So we turned around. When we got back to our car we saw this HUGE sign saying that we were heading up to a huge old persons home....... how did we miss that sign??? I don't know. But we laughed a lot.
Then at district meeting on Wednesday I was having a laugh attack. I could not stop laughing. It was awful. One of our zone leaders asked me if I every laughed in lessons... I said I had. They were shocked. (even thought that zone leader said he does all the time too)..... Then on Friday we went to a lady in our wards house. She is slightly less active... but she is like 90 years old and kind of crazy. Basically Sister Hill and I were laughing the whole time we were there. It was TERRIBLE. We could not control ourselves. But she is old and kind of crazy, so she didn't really notice much. But it was bad.
Yesterday we had dinner at a members house, with their neighbors Sara and Ryan, and their 2 little boys Noah and Gabe. We met Sara between conference sessions on Sunday. Her little boys are so cute. They are 3 1/2 and 2. Gabe, the 3 yr old was so funny. At one point he put his hand up for a high five, so I go to give him a high five.... Well, he grabs my hand with both of his hands, and then kisses it twice. It was so funny!!!!!!!! Then Noah, the 2 yr old would come up and tap me on the arm, then run away. Then he would peek his head around the corner and smile at me. When I would smile back, he would run and hide his face. It was so funny. They are a really cute family. Sara has ton's of questions, but had really firm beliefs.
So Sister Hill and I always have so much fun together. We talk and laugh all day long. Sometimes that leads us to getting lost, because we get talking, and forget to look for the streets we are looking for.
It is starting to look SO beautiful here with all the changing leaves. I try to take pictures, but the pictures don't even look good..... so sorry mom...... You will just have to try to picture it in your head.
We are losing our teaching pool fast. We aren't finding many new investigators, and only 2 of the ones we have are progressing. We have a few sweet old ladies, that we don't think are progressing anymore. They just more so like our company..... so we will have to be dropping them soon.... So it will be an almost fresh new start.... again.
Well that was all i can think of right now. Keep me updated! :)
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment