Hello Everyone-
This was another cold but good week...... It snowed on Friday morning. :( I was not happy. But it didn't snow very much, and it was all melted by the time we went out for the day!!!
So last Monday we carved pumpkins with a part member family, The Kinsley's, for FHE. It was fun. I carved "SMILE :) " into mine.... which was perfect, because Bro. Kinsley nicknamed me smiles the first time i met him. haha. It was fun!
One day during the week we were tracting, and we met a non member daughter of a less active member in the branch. She wasn't interested, and so we went on our way. Well, when we got back to our car, there was a note with a baggy of M&M's on our car. She gave us some, just in case we needed a pick me up. It was such a nice surprise. That same day we met a crazy old lady. She is baptist, and doesn't like any other religions. She thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses, and told us she hates us. Well we said he were Mormon's.... she didn't like that much more. Luckily we got to talk to her, and clear up a lot of her misconceptions!!!! She then asked us if we were wearing the Mormons shoes (because S. Hill's shoes and my shoes looked a lot alike.) , it was so funny! She kept saying everyone one is stupid and an idiot.... I have never heard an old woman say those words so much. It was funny.
Saturday we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial with Rita. She is in her mid 70's. She is coming along. She loved the JSM, and wants to take her family there. I got really car sick on the way up there. :S But once we were there it was good!!!! It is such a calm place. I love it.
Yesterday we tracted Scott Dr. and Rankin RD. they were right next to each other. I thought it was funny. AND S. Hill let me take a picture with the street sign!! I was happy!!! :) Then one of the houses we knocked on on Scott Dr., had 360 stairs that we had to climb on the way up and down (total, not each way). But it was worth it. The view up top on the porch was AMAZING. The leaves are mostly yellow now, or gone. But it is still so pretty!!! I wish I could have a camera recording everything I see. That would be cool.
Then last night we had dinner with a deaf family in our ward. We were nervous to go. The husband in not active, because no one can sign well enough for him to understand anything. And Sister Hill can sign for the wife, but she doesn't understand most of what she says back.... and I don't know any sign language. Well we went, and it was a blast!!!! they both can sort of talk, so we could understand a lot of what they were saying. Not all of it though. The husband is so funny!!! It was fun. I tried to sign that the food was delicious.... Sister Hill showed me how to do it..... well it wasn't the right sign. They had NO idea what I was trying to say. It was so embarrassing... then they laughed at me when they finally figured it out. Yeah, I don't think I will be trying that again. Also, they are both lip readers, so that was good. I was able to talk to them too. It was a really need experience.
This Sunday is Halloween. WE are going to have an awesome Halloween party. We have to be in by 5pm. Basically we can do whatever we want, as long as it doesn't break any of the rules in the hand book. WE are going to carve pumpkins, make cookies (maybe), make cheese cake, and have fun! I'm excited. Also on Friday we are going to our branches trunk or treat. that will be fun!!!!!
Well my time is up. Hope you all have a great week!!! Write me!!! :)
Love, Sister Rankin
No comments:
Post a Comment