Monday, May 2, 2011

May is Here

Hello Everyone--

We had an interesting week here in Bedford. We had a 2 day Mission Leadership Training meeting, then I was sort of sick one day, S. Page sort of sick the next day, no miles to use, and a very rainy day.

All day Tuesday and 2/3 of the day Wed. was our MLT. We were trained on Planning and finding. Tuesday night we had a family home evening thing. There were 6 of us sister missionaries. We did a skit that night. We did the morning schedule of a Sister compared to an Elder. It was funny. S. Hatch was the sister, and I was her arms. Then S. page was the arms for the other sister who was pretending to be an Elder. Oh boy, it was so funny!!!!!!!!! And even better, all the Elders thought it was so funny! We did morning exercise, breakfast, and getting ready. The Sisters had a banana while the elder ate a twinke and candy, then I put make up on S. Hatch, and S. Page "shaved" the other sisters face.... it was covered in Shaving cream. haha.

Thursday was pretty rainy. We got to go to the Wilkey's for an hour, and help Sister Wilkey sort through clothes, that we are going to take to 2 recent converts. Then President prayed with us before we left. He prayed that we would find a potential investigator on the road we were going to tract. Well... the 2nd door we knocked on we got our potential investigator!!!!! :)

Earlier that morning we had to have a last min. change of plans due to lack of miles. We were not in the area we had planned to be in... we were walking to a road to go tract. S. Page saw a man outside, and said we should go talk to him. It ended up being a really great contact! He was interested in the Book of Mormon, and said we could come back some time. He also thanked us for listening to him, and not just trying to shove our religion down his throat like other people who come to his door. When we were telling the Wilkey's about that contact, they were SUPER excited for us!

I have decided that I am NOT eating Chinese food anymore!!!! We were feed chinese food from a member on Thursday night, Friday I did not feel good all day... that is what happened after the last time I ate Chinese food.... so I didn't like or eat it before my mission, and I'm not going to eat it anymore.... We didn't have very many miles at all, so we had to walk a lot... not good!!!. We did some service for a lady, and I just had to sit and watch. I felt like I was going to pass out the whole time.

Saturday we did a lot of walking as well....
Sunday was good. Kelly and her daughter Lauren came to church again... this time, they stayed all 3 hours!!!!!!!! Lauren didn't want to, but she ended up really liking primary! :) Kelly had some "break through's" about priesthood authority! At first she said it kind of hurt her to think that her baptism wasn't done by someone who had authority to do so, then she said it started to click... And in her words, "I guess I'm gonna have to get re-baptized quick now...." She understands the importance of baptism, and that it has to be done by proper authority. Then she told President Wilkey (who was at our ward that day), that if it wasn't for S. Page and I, and how we clicked, then she would have been done. That she was so grateful for us, an helping her! Wow, that made us feel good!!! :)
Well the weather is finally getting warmer.... we aren't wearing nylons anymore! Yay!!! :)
love, Sister Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment