So I'm entering week 6 again.... I can't believe how fast time flies!!!
1- We made it home from Zone conference safe... we had to drive home a car that they were taking out of the mission... it was BAD!!! (okay, that was a silly miracle.... And I didn't find grandma/pa's names on the guest book at the JSM... but I realized when I got home that i was looking at the wrong day. :( )
2- We found a new investigator... Her name is Leah. She is actually a former investigator that lives in the same building as one of the less actives we work with. She had told her that she missed the sisters and wanted us to come back... So we went back, and we are going to be teaching her tonight! :)
3- Kelly is a miracle!!!! She is so amazing. This week after our lesson with her she was talking to us. She told us how she normally doesn't click with very many people. (Which is so weird, because she is so kind and personable). She had sort of been meeting with the Elders for a few months before she moved down to Manchester, but she was making NO progress. And they didn't really teach her much. But since we have been teaching her, she is SO committed, and knows it's true. She told us that she clicked with S. Page and I from our first visit. Also, if we hadn't clicked, she wouldn't have kept learning. She was so grateful that we were sent to her door, and we were the ones teaching her.... The best part about this situation, is that she isn't even converted to us... she really is converted to the Gospel. Normally if someone tells you things like that, they usually are converted to the missionaries.... Thankfully she is not! But it once again was a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father really does know and care about everyone!!! It was no chance that Kelly moved into the Bedford ward boundaries, and that the Elders 9who's area she lives in) were going to have to cancel again, and asked us to cover for them. God knew that she needed S. Page and I at that time. He sent her to our area, so that we could be the ones to help jump start her conversion. Teaching Kelly really had made all the hard time from the last 5 transfers be worth it!!!!
So the cotton and pollen around here are TERRIBLE.... we were tracting on Saturday, and the ground looked like it was covered in snow... but it was just the cotton! Then you add all the rain we have been having, and will still have... everyday for the next 10 days. :( It is a rainy spring here in New England.... defiantly not the same as last year.Yesterday we had regional conference. It was kinda cool. It was broadcast from SLC... but it was only for The New England states, parts of New York and New Jersey. Sis. Ann Dibb, Elder Zwick, Elder Nelson, and Pres. Eyring all spoke. It was really good!
This week I also got an inspired package from my mom. She sent me a box, and in it it had a bunch of random food items. In her letter she wrote, "I needed to fill the rest of the box, so I put some random things from the cupboards in." Well, what she didn't know, is that S. Page and I some how didn't budget our money very well this week, so we were having to get VERY creative with the things in our cupboards, and the few items that we bought while shopping last Monday. That box saved us! haha. Some of the things we made, were corn meal muffins with normal milk instead of butter milk, and pancake mix instead of flour. They weren't the best, but they could have been worse... we also made cookies with pancake mix, and some other substitutions. haha. We have decided we should make a cook book full of recipes that are made with pancake mix... haha. jk!
next week is a holiday, so no e-mail. But keep the letters coming!!! :)
Love, Sister Rankin


No comments:
Post a Comment